UFC 278 incorporates a title combat I have been enthusiastic about for years: A well-earned rematch between present pound-for-pound king Kamaru Usman and Leon Edwards.
These two confronted off very early of their UFC careers, again in 2015, now each have risen to the highest of their division and get to battle it out a second time. Within the first contest Usman largely wrestled a really inexperienced Edwards to an unanimous determination, however each have improved dramatically since then. Usman has turn out to be one of many biggest UFC fighters to have ever graced the octagon, however Edwards has additionally had an amazing run. He hasn’t misplaced a single bout because the Usman contest and is presently driving a ridiculous 10 combat win streak.
Many imagine Edwards represents the most important welterweight risk to Usman presently. I agree. Edwards is about as well-rounded a fighter as there may be on the UFC roster. I am to see how this one performs out. I am anticipating an in depth combat.
The UFC 278 principal card is a powerful one. We have the return of former middleweight champ Luke Rockhold, who’s preventing meme king Paulo Costa. I am particularly wanting ahead to Jose Aldo in opposition to Merab Dvalishvili. Aldo arguably has the very best takedown defence in UFC historical past. Cannot wait to see him in opposition to a brand new technology wrestler in Dvalishvili.
This is all the things you might want to know…
UFC 278 Begin time
The UFC 278 principal card begins at 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT) on July 2. Listed here are all the main points from a number of time zones.
- The primary card begins Aug 20, 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Aug. 20, 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Aug. 20, 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Aug. 21, 3 a.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Aug. 21, 1 a.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Aug. 20, 11 p.m. BST.
- The primary card begins Aug. 21, 12 p.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Aug. 21, 10 a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Aug. 21, 8.00 a.m. AEDT.
Learn how to watch UFC 278
The UFC now has a partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the enlargement of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper alternative. Particularly in case you’re one of many UFC followers who need to watch UFC within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know how you can watch UFC 278, you will solely discover the combat night time on pay per view by ESPN Plus. The fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, based on ESPN’s site:
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC card for $75.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should buy a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $100. This can be a first rate deal. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 278 exclusively through BT Sport.
There are extra choices in case you reside in Australia. You may watch UFC 278 by Primary Occasion on Foxtel. You too can stream via Kayo for AU$55. You may even order using your PlayStation or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox.
Full combat card
These playing cards are topic to alter. We’ll endeavor to maintain issues as up-to-date as potential. I count on at the least one of many fights presently scheduled on the primary card to get moved all the way down to the prelims.
- Kamaru Usman vs. Leon Edwards
- Paulo Costa vs. Luke Rockhold
- Jose Aldo vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Francisco Figueiredo vs. Amir Albazi
- Marcin Tybura vs. Alexander Romanov
- Tyson Pedro vs. Harry Hunsucker
- Leonardo Santos vs. Jared Gordon
- Wu Yanan vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Sean Woodson vs. Luis Saldana
- A.J. Fletcher vs. Ange Loosa
- Amir Albazi vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Aoriqileng vs. Jay Perrin
- Daniel Da Silva vs. Victor Altamirano